Massage may be recommended for patients seeking relaxation or those recovering from injuries or illnesses.
Our massages and services include:
- Deep tissue massage – this therapeutic massage can relieve chronic muscle tension experienced by athletes or those in pain as a result of repetitive strain, postural problems or injuries
- Manuel Lymphatic Drainage – Usually, when people hear about Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) Massage they think it’s only for individuals who have lymphedema. While its reputation as a form of medical massage therapy isn’t undeserved, Lymphatic Drainage has recently become a technique of choice among a variety of massage lovers due to its many benefits. MLD is a specialized massage type that gently assists the lymphatic system in maintaining the body’s fluid balance, blood circulation, and immune mechanisms. The system’s network of vessels and nodes contains lymph, a mixture of water, proteins, immune system components, waste products, and other remnants of cell metabolism. Lymph nodes, which filter out the debris, are found throughout the body, with especially large groups of them in the neck, armpits, and groin. These major collections of lymph nodes ensure that the lymph passes through as many nodes as possible before it returns to the circulatory system. During a lymph drainage massage, a specially-trained massage therapist uses a series of gliding, compressing, stretching, and cupping motions over the client’s body. The light rhythmic movements, applied without massage oil, stimulate the lymphatic system without compressing the vessels – allowing lymph to move easily through the tissues and lymph nodes. MLD follows a specific sequence over the body so lymph isn’t trapped anywhere, making sure every area is treated with care.
- Prenatal massage – this massage decreases swelling, relieves aches and pains and enhances a patient’s physiological and emotional well-being
- Sports massage – this massage includes stretching and focuses on injury prevention and treatment, while enhancing athletic performance.
- Swedish massage – the most common type of massage, it is exceptional for stress reduction and increased circulation. Therapists use long, smooth strokes, kneading and circular movements